We offer translation and language training for companies or individuals from the best Estonian translation and language teachers.
Improve the language or expression skills of your staff or train your team to do in-house translations. Why is such training needed? To answer this question let us review some myths on translation and translators:
A GOOD TRANSLATION
IS WHEN ALL
HAVE BEEN TRANSLATED
There is nothing worse than a literal translation. A good translation is meaningful and creative in its wording so that it is understandable to the target group.
ALL YOU NEED
IS A GOOD DICTIONARY
Translation is a profession! Finding information and using sources is one of the main skills in translation but it requires being critical of the dictionaries and terms you find.
TRANSLATORS WILL SOON BE REPLACED
Machine translation is based on a parallel corpus of text created by professional translators and edited by professional linguists. This is the case now and so it will be in the future.
TRANSLATION IS A TALENT THAT CAN BE DEVELOPED
AND WE BELIEVE WE CAN HELP TO DO SO BY TRAINING ON:
- In-depth knowledge of the field.
- Concentration and short-term memory skills.
- The ability to distinguish nuances of meaning.
- Effective information retrieval.
- Resource management techniques.
- Excellent expression in source and target languages.
- Efficient workflows and quality assurance processes.
- The ability to use translation software.
- Knowledge on technical solutions: term bases, translation memories, etc.
- Understanding of the culture at syntactic, grammatical and stylistic levels.